20.3.09

baby loves a cynic



I love this book. It is so fun for me.

"I used to think women who looked past my flaws were really cool women with brains," one of Los Angeles-based graphic artist Donny Miller's pictures broadcasts. "Now I think they're just desperate." And so establishes his tone. Miller's bright, pop illustrations, often of smiling men and women, belie other bon mots like "You are beautiful in every single way, except maybe one or two," "Let's tell each other our darkest secrets. Later, when things go bad, we can use them against each other," and "We think so much alike. Although, I have no idea what you're thinking." This year, Miller's work was collected into his first book, "Beautiful People With Beautiful Feelings" (Abrams, 2006).

I just want to tear out the pages and send them to everyone!

-JEM GF

1 comment:

Jen Casey said...

I love it. Post it on my blog too. I'll add you to the list.