25.11.08

i'm through dining, i'm dead inside


"How many times can I go to Mr. Chow's?... Tao's?... Nobu?..."
- "Success" Jay-Z featuring Nas

Yes, I sound like an ingrate fuckhead. Sigh, this is what happens in this LA.
My friend group, peers, associations, whatever- We frequent the same 6 restaurants 6 nights/week. We all are foodies, appreciate the service, etc, etc...

The creepy part is when "dates" enter this life. (Ref.-Our own dates OR the fresh-off-of-the-boat-"models" that our friends are trying to impress). Real quick-like, a wonderful dining experience turns into a real fuckin' creep-attack.

I’ll make a list of problematic scenarios:
1. DATE TEXTS: "Hey- why don't you and some girlfriends me and my partners at Koi, Mr.Chow, Polo Lounge, etc..."
1A- ...Because we are adults who needn't bring a ho train to dates?
1B-...Because your partners are either too married/too creepy/ too nerdy to invite their own company?

2. FRIEND TEXTS: "I invited some girls to dinner"
2A-Child models are a FUCKING DRAG to dine with!
2b-They don't eat.
2c-They want to pour free/without-a-fake-ID-to-go-to-club booze down their throats into their empty stomachs.
2d-They say stupid shit.
2e-They miss all of our jokes/humor.

3. Double date-"Rich off'
3A.Spending 10 grand for a four person meal for show-off bullshit is such a drag. WHO is impressed with the finest caviar, lobster, foie gras, and truffles AND Thousand dollar bottles of wine, etc... in ONE SITTING?
3B. I love dates. I love rich food. but, this particular behavior is beyond. Excessive.

love-strategist jem girlfriend

No comments: